On site parking
The new Locke Branch, which celebrated its grand opening in September, 2007 and is located along Miami Street, replaced a Carnegie library in the same East Toledo neighborhood and took one year to build. The former location was located along Main Street in East Toledo. Major funding for the new Locke location was obtained from a 10-year bond levy approved by voters in 1995. Locke Branch first opened its doors on December 5, 1917 and was enlarged by 75 percent in 1935. In 1962, it was remodeled and a rear parking lot was purchased in 1979. The current construction is 10,000-square-feet and offers parking for 60 vehicles. The new Locke Branch allows greater accessibility, more space for print materials and computer resources, and a gathering space for the community.