2 Public meeting rooms one 65-person capacity, one 35
Branch and meeting room is handicapped accessible
19 Public Internet Computers, 2 15-minute Internet stations
Gaming area includes Wii and PS3 units
Originally part of the Lucas County Library System, the branch operated out of a rented storefront when it opened in 1958. In July of 1975, the Branch relocated to a 6,000 sq.-ft. location, again in a rented storefront of a strip mall. Finally, in April of 1985, the current 15,000 sq-ft. location opened, bidding adieu to strip malls and rented storefronts for good. In 1998, growing usage required a second entrance, and additional parking was added.
In 2009, the Reynolds Corners Branch Library received a silver category distinction as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)-certified building, making it the first public library in Ohio to receive this recognition. The year-long renovation project at Reynolds Corners utilized “green” construction methods under the LEED System, which provides a guideline and rating system for green buildings. By utilizing the LEED System, developed by the United States Green Building Council, the Reynolds Corners Branch Library will realize a significant reduction in long term and ongoing energy consumption, and in the ongoing carbon footprint of the building.